The Rogue Planet
Rose Tyler - The Dimension Cannon 2 Other Worlds 2.2
Both Rose and Jackie visit another Earth, where they meet themselves…
I’ve not heard the first set so I can only go but these three stories in the ‘Other Worlds’ set. This is the most interesting of the three. Mostly because its not that unlike our own, and feels more plausible. The Jackie on this world is a Tv star, while Rosie is a single mother who runs a cafe.
I do have to hand it to Camille Coduri, her other Jackie voice it great, and at first I thought maybe it was a different actor. The setup is interesting in that its a life Rose could of had, more mundane and routine maybe. As with Camille, there’s a slightly different edge on Billie’s ‘Rosie’ voice. The fact that Rosie has a baby and though not technically Roses’ own there a certain amount of emotional connection there.
There also a Clive on this world a professor, and the plot shifts in the second half. This word is coming to and end as a rogue planet is entering the solar system. Its a nice idea and I’d of liked more of it.
There are some nice references. In needing a nappy change Rose’s baby brother is mentioned - a detail I’d forgotten. Disappearing planets etc.
Its ends on a cliff hanger. I found it more engaging the the previous two episodes. I wanted to carry on to find out more.
Comments
Post a Comment