Blood Of The Time Lords
The Fourth Doctor Adventures 11.1 : Solo
Discovering a book on the TARDIS and realising its too powerful, the Doctor takes it to a library on a moon of Gallifrey. Its not long before the trouble starts.
I bought this by accident, a sale, I meant to get volume 2 but got this, so ended up with both sets. I’m not really a fan of the Fourth Doctor audios, but it doesn’t stop me from trying.
Its set just after the Deadly Assassin, hence the solo traveling. Though Elanora (Emma Noakes) does take the companion role. I did quite enjoy the first couple of episodes. Some nice world building life on the moon, old friends of the Doctors. There’s a fire for which the Doctor is held responsible - leading to a nice cliffhanger. The usual fourth Doctor tropes - eg. being on trail. The library itself with endless shelves.
Its perhaps a bit of a spoiler but the Master is involved the shot lived James Dreyfus version. I do wish I paid more attention or did my research as I may have enjoyed this more. But even saying that it didn’t feel like a ‘Master’ story. It is an early version of the character, and regardless of the issues surrounding James Dreyfus, its an enjoyable performance. It is a typical Master trope being in the background for the most part of the story. The cliffhanger ending to part three is drawn out, since we already know the Master is due to turn up it doesn’t’ have the impact.
For me it was OK,.
Comments
Post a Comment