The Passenger
Gallifrey: War Room 1.2
A Dalek ship is heading for Gallifrey, but there’s only one occupant - a Timelord. Its Leela’s job to make contact.
A lot of this audio seems just about trying to verify that the Timelord is who he says he is: Kalgoth. He’s the only survivor of a battle with the Daleks and his memory has been affected.
Leela herself is quite sedate, following orders quite obediently. I was expecting something to come of it but no, not here anyway. Also she’s not a major character in this episode either. With no Romana or Narvin, she’s the only constant of the Gallifrey series.The others are present, Veklin, Olistra - I’ve been trying to remember why I know the voice, its Carolyn Pickles I know her from the TV series Bluebells, but that was a long time ago.
It has the usual twists and turns, but the fact is that every time I came back to continue listening I found I couldn’t remember what was happening and had to go back. For the last 15 minutes I did consider just abandoning it, but I stuck it out.
It has it moments but a bit of a dud for me. It probably has a worthwhile message, but not well executed.
Comments
Post a Comment