Collateral Victim
Gallifrey War Room 1.3
The Norvis galaxy: whatever happens its gets destroyed. Either the Daleks take over and turn it into weapon manufacturings, or the Timelords wipe it from existence to stop them. Though the Timelord Bandar was sent enact its removal from time ,it seems the planet Mellacron has somehow evaded its deletion. Leela, Velkin and Rasmus are sent to to investigate.
Its amazing how much is packed into this hour long episode. They find themselves on Mellacron, but also drift into different time zones. Bandar arrived much earlier and has been advancing technology, but even he doesn’t know the full story.
It does illustrate how far the TImelords are willing to go, in winning the war, and, as with the War Doctor, some decisions are not easy. Though there is little evidence that any Gallifrayan is bothered by the actions the ‘have’ to take. Some of Veklins deeds are questionable and it does make for an interesting drama.
There are a number of twists and turns, there’s a really good idea of how to end the time war - it does stretch believability but its a interesting notion. Also there’s an element of manipulating time and events, changing what people say or do.
As much as I enjoyed it, it does have its faults, lots of exposition, and I did find it moved a bit fast in places - just not enough time to take in the info before it moves on. So I did go back a few times, and I’m glad I did.
A pretty good audio.
Comments
Post a Comment