Skip to main content

Destroyer


The War Doctor Begins: Warbringer 2.2


This continues directly on from the previous episode.


The Doctor puts a crashing spaceship in a time lock, meaning there’s 12 hours before it hits.


I lost interest in the story by the end of the last part, so with this carrying on the plot, it wasn’t the best news. I’ve never been a big fan of the war doctor audios, through the last series did change my mind. However I’m now back to thinking maybe I shouldn’t bother.


So not the Doctor, Veklin and Case carry on with their versions goals, with the Daleks getting nearer. There are nice moments, finding underground tunnels that stretch all over. Case finding out what she really is. The Doctor using logic to get his way with a computer.


As I said I lost interest during the first part so, this being more them same didn’t help. Just running around arguing. The Doctor not really doing much.


Again this is a British product using American terms, and I find it distracting, and I feel this is the beginning of the end for Big Finish and myself. 


OK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Founding Fathers                                                       The Companion Chronicles  The First Doctor 1.3                                         Steven’s grand daughter takes him to visit the Doctor, yet its not the actual Doctor. There they tell a story of an adventure they once had where they met Benjamin Franklin. So perhaps a little more unusual, in that what’s happening with the current Steven is as, if not more interesting, as the story that’s being narrated. The narrated story tells of the TARDIS arriving in Leicester in 1762. With it being quite warm, the Doctor takes off his coat and throws to back into the TARDIS inadvertently locking the crew out. Getting back in is a little tricky and the only man that can help is Benjamin...
Power Game  Doctor Who the Monthly Range 248b Kamelion has been missing for three weeks, its York, the 1980’s and that’s just the beginning. This hits the ground running, but not only has Kamelion gone but now they’ve lost Tegan as well. Tegan herself finds she’s on a TV gameshow, how she got there is a bit of a mystery as she no idea how shearrived. The show pops up at various times on different channels in the middle of other programs. It’s a good start, no faffing about and with this a two parter that’s probably a good idea. The Tv show gives contestants challenges, when they fail they’re out, interestingly enough there are no prizes, and the contestants soon forget about their real lives.  It’ll be no surprise that the gameshow isn’t real and is a veneer for what’s really going on. We’ve had stories such as this before so you know what the deal is and you’re waiting for the big reveal. The Doctor and Turlough happen to find someone else who was taken by the game, and set t...
The Quest of the Engineer                                     The Fourth Doctor Adventures 9.4                                               On a planet that reconfigures it surface, the Doctor, Romana, Adric and K9 are seeking info on a CVE. They encounter the ‘Engineer’ who is also interested in CVE’s, though there is more to him and the planet than at first seems. I had to check that I had started with part one, as it begins with Adic having been arrested for taking K9 though the streets where technology is forbidden. They meet Rigis Tel played by George Layton (perhaps more noted in DW circles as being the Space pirates) and go on to find the truth about the planet. As for the plot… Well it is tempting to say what plot. The planet is… mild spoiler… a giant space ship. Being a Hitch...