Skip to main content



Return of the Repressed                  


Jago and Litefoot 6.2                    


Jago is seeing a therapist, but not just any therapist, Sigmund Freud no less. Add in a baboon and things are getting little strange for the pair.


I was half way though this adventure when I came to look at the reviews. I wasn’t really taking it in, and felt perhaps I’d missed something.


Usually I try to give an idea of the plot, in this case I can’t seem to do that. Both Jago and Litefoot seem to be learning about themselves. But it moves from one thing to another and I didn’t find myself any the wiser as to what was going on.


You don’t know what’s real, Litefoot hitting a baboon with a stick (or telling someone to) seemed a bit out of character, and I waited for when it would be explained/undone, but it didn’t really come. Only to be brought up again towards the end. 


There a bit where Litefoot wonders if he’s a part of Jago’s dream or if Jago’s a part of his dream. There is a reference to the previous adventure, and whether Jago picked up an ailment there.


I did go back to relisten to parts, and just redid the last 10 minutes now, but I have no idea what the point of any of it was. 


Maybe a sit down and a proper listen from start to finish, and a bit more concentration would help to fully appreciate this audio, but to be honest I'd rather not. It could well be something great, but I don't have the desire to find out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Founding Fathers                                                       The Companion Chronicles  The First Doctor 1.3                                         Steven’s grand daughter takes him to visit the Doctor, yet its not the actual Doctor. There they tell a story of an adventure they once had where they met Benjamin Franklin. So perhaps a little more unusual, in that what’s happening with the current Steven is as, if not more interesting, as the story that’s being narrated. The narrated story tells of the TARDIS arriving in Leicester in 1762. With it being quite warm, the Doctor takes off his coat and throws to back into the TARDIS inadvertently locking the crew out. Getting back in is a little tricky and the only man that can help is Benjamin...
Power Game  Doctor Who the Monthly Range 248b Kamelion has been missing for three weeks, its York, the 1980’s and that’s just the beginning. This hits the ground running, but not only has Kamelion gone but now they’ve lost Tegan as well. Tegan herself finds she’s on a TV gameshow, how she got there is a bit of a mystery as she no idea how shearrived. The show pops up at various times on different channels in the middle of other programs. It’s a good start, no faffing about and with this a two parter that’s probably a good idea. The Tv show gives contestants challenges, when they fail they’re out, interestingly enough there are no prizes, and the contestants soon forget about their real lives.  It’ll be no surprise that the gameshow isn’t real and is a veneer for what’s really going on. We’ve had stories such as this before so you know what the deal is and you’re waiting for the big reveal. The Doctor and Turlough happen to find someone else who was taken by the game, and set t...
The Quest of the Engineer                                     The Fourth Doctor Adventures 9.4                                               On a planet that reconfigures it surface, the Doctor, Romana, Adric and K9 are seeking info on a CVE. They encounter the ‘Engineer’ who is also interested in CVE’s, though there is more to him and the planet than at first seems. I had to check that I had started with part one, as it begins with Adic having been arrested for taking K9 though the streets where technology is forbidden. They meet Rigis Tel played by George Layton (perhaps more noted in DW circles as being the Space pirates) and go on to find the truth about the planet. As for the plot… Well it is tempting to say what plot. The planet is… mild spoiler… a giant space ship. Being a Hitch...