Skip to main content

Time Lord Victorious


Audio series 1.3


Mutually Assured Destruction


On a damaged ship the chief Dalek and Dalek Strategist are at odds, their situation is not helped by the Doctor being on board.


In the last audio things had got moving, a race who could change the timelines of planets, and mentions of the Dark times. I had, perhaps naively, thought that this episode would see the Doctor going back to the Dark Times, so I was a little put off balance when that wasn’t the case. 


As far as the Timelord Victorious series goes, I played the VR game about 2 years ago, but didn’t really take a lot of notice of the plot. The Daleks! animated series on YouTube, seems to take place around here so I watched that. And it did give me some insight the the Emperor and Strategist, but in all honesty I’m not much the wiser with the overall plot. 


Having started this, stopped to see if I could make out where this was placed in the Timelord Victorious ‘timeline’. Watched the Daleks! animated series, and realised that unless I took in all the other media I probably wasn’t going to ‘get’ the story. I lost interest. 


There are a couple of prisoners on board or ‘cargo’ as the Daleks call them - the last of their race. A nod to what’s to come for the Doctor. It did start fairly promisingly, The Dalek ship, battle worn,  and the Doctor needing to use his wiles to get back to the TARDIS and there are a couple of clever things the Doctor does to win the day.


This is probably quite a good adventure, but without the rest of the arc, its a little out of nowhere, and it was that feeling I’ve missed something, that kept me from enjoying it. I can’t help feeling a ‘the story so far…’ bit at the beginning, would’ve helped a lot, especially as some of the differing media is, or will, no longer be available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Founding Fathers                                                       The Companion Chronicles  The First Doctor 1.3                                         Steven’s grand daughter takes him to visit the Doctor, yet its not the actual Doctor. There they tell a story of an adventure they once had where they met Benjamin Franklin. So perhaps a little more unusual, in that what’s happening with the current Steven is as, if not more interesting, as the story that’s being narrated. The narrated story tells of the TARDIS arriving in Leicester in 1762. With it being quite warm, the Doctor takes off his coat and throws to back into the TARDIS inadvertently locking the crew out. Getting back in is a little tricky and the only man that can help is Benjamin...
Power Game  Doctor Who the Monthly Range 248b Kamelion has been missing for three weeks, its York, the 1980’s and that’s just the beginning. This hits the ground running, but not only has Kamelion gone but now they’ve lost Tegan as well. Tegan herself finds she’s on a TV gameshow, how she got there is a bit of a mystery as she no idea how shearrived. The show pops up at various times on different channels in the middle of other programs. It’s a good start, no faffing about and with this a two parter that’s probably a good idea. The Tv show gives contestants challenges, when they fail they’re out, interestingly enough there are no prizes, and the contestants soon forget about their real lives.  It’ll be no surprise that the gameshow isn’t real and is a veneer for what’s really going on. We’ve had stories such as this before so you know what the deal is and you’re waiting for the big reveal. The Doctor and Turlough happen to find someone else who was taken by the game, and set t...
The Quest of the Engineer                                     The Fourth Doctor Adventures 9.4                                               On a planet that reconfigures it surface, the Doctor, Romana, Adric and K9 are seeking info on a CVE. They encounter the ‘Engineer’ who is also interested in CVE’s, though there is more to him and the planet than at first seems. I had to check that I had started with part one, as it begins with Adic having been arrested for taking K9 though the streets where technology is forbidden. They meet Rigis Tel played by George Layton (perhaps more noted in DW circles as being the Space pirates) and go on to find the truth about the planet. As for the plot… Well it is tempting to say what plot. The planet is… mild spoiler… a giant space ship. Being a Hitch...