Skip to main content


The Split Infinitive

Part two in the Legacy Of Time release.

In this we have the Seventh Doctor and Ace with the Counter Measures team.

The premise is interesting, something is pulling the 1960’s and 1970s together, The Doctor has left Ace in the 60’s with the counter measures team, while he is also working with Counter measures in the 1970’s. As the memories of what happens in the 60’s come to Ian, Rachel and Allison the Doctor can co ordinate events to put things right.

I’m not a massive fan of Counter measures, I listened to their first audio, and maybe if had more time I’d listen to more, but I’ve got no really drive to. With UNIT and Torchwood they seem more of the same. But I did enjoy them here and I think likewise with unit.

You would think that having the same people in two time zones might be a little confusing on audio but that wasn’t the case.

I listened in bits and pieces so didn’t take it it as well as I’d of liked, so its defineatley up for another go.

Not as good as the first but still good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Founding Fathers                                                       The Companion Chronicles  The First Doctor 1.3                                         Steven’s grand daughter takes him to visit the Doctor, yet its not the actual Doctor. There they tell a story of an adventure they once had where they met Benjamin Franklin. So perhaps a little more unusual, in that what’s happening with the current Steven is as, if not more interesting, as the story that’s being narrated. The narrated story tells of the TARDIS arriving in Leicester in 1762. With it being quite warm, the Doctor takes off his coat and throws to back into the TARDIS inadvertently locking the crew out. Getting back in is a little tricky and the only man that can help is Benjamin...
Power Game  Doctor Who the Monthly Range 248b Kamelion has been missing for three weeks, its York, the 1980’s and that’s just the beginning. This hits the ground running, but not only has Kamelion gone but now they’ve lost Tegan as well. Tegan herself finds she’s on a TV gameshow, how she got there is a bit of a mystery as she no idea how shearrived. The show pops up at various times on different channels in the middle of other programs. It’s a good start, no faffing about and with this a two parter that’s probably a good idea. The Tv show gives contestants challenges, when they fail they’re out, interestingly enough there are no prizes, and the contestants soon forget about their real lives.  It’ll be no surprise that the gameshow isn’t real and is a veneer for what’s really going on. We’ve had stories such as this before so you know what the deal is and you’re waiting for the big reveal. The Doctor and Turlough happen to find someone else who was taken by the game, and set t...
The Quest of the Engineer                                     The Fourth Doctor Adventures 9.4                                               On a planet that reconfigures it surface, the Doctor, Romana, Adric and K9 are seeking info on a CVE. They encounter the ‘Engineer’ who is also interested in CVE’s, though there is more to him and the planet than at first seems. I had to check that I had started with part one, as it begins with Adic having been arrested for taking K9 though the streets where technology is forbidden. They meet Rigis Tel played by George Layton (perhaps more noted in DW circles as being the Space pirates) and go on to find the truth about the planet. As for the plot… Well it is tempting to say what plot. The planet is… mild spoiler… a giant space ship. Being a Hitch...