The Sacrifice Of Jo Grant.
Part three in the Legacy Of Time release
You can’t really go wrong with Jo Grant, well not in my opinion anyway. Katy Manning is a great actress whose good at voices and I’ve really enjoyed pretty much all of her audios.
Here Jo and Osgood are enjoying swimming when Kate interrupts, there is some temporal interference near the coast, a group of people form the 16 century have found themselves in the 21st. Whats more this has happened before when it was solved by the death of Jo Grant!
It is a little odd when two eras come together more so when they are so far apart.
I was quite surprised when the third Doctor turned up, I don’t know why but I imagined this wasn’t going to feature the Doctor (maybe I’d heard too many Companion Chronicles)
The way the Doctor meets Jo is nicely done, as he fails to notice that she’s got old. When they enjoy dinner together, an interesting thing that cropped up, and is something thats caught attention, is that why isn’t the Doctor vegetarian? I’m a vegetarian myself, I’ve often wondered why, with his beliefs how come he’s so happy to eat meat.
One of the other points about this audio is Kate and the Brigadier, though they don’t meet Kate feel she shouldn’t let on about who she is and is reticent to speak to him on the radio.
So this is more about the relationships than the actually hook of the story how could Jo have died in the past and still be alive, it all makes sense in the end, but its not really the point.
We are left with what causes the event which is setting things up for things to come.
Another enjoyable story
The Founding Fathers The Companion Chronicles The First Doctor 1.3 Steven’s grand daughter takes him to visit the Doctor, yet its not the actual Doctor. There they tell a story of an adventure they once had where they met Benjamin Franklin. So perhaps a little more unusual, in that what’s happening with the current Steven is as, if not more interesting, as the story that’s being narrated. The narrated story tells of the TARDIS arriving in Leicester in 1762. With it being quite warm, the Doctor takes off his coat and throws to back into the TARDIS inadvertently locking the crew out. Getting back in is a little tricky and the only man that can help is Benjamin...
Comments
Post a Comment