Spirit of the season
The first in the The Eleventh Doctor Chronicles: Volume 5: Everywhere and Anywhere
The Doctor and Valerie, arrive in a house and like the others who have found themselves there are not quite sure how or why they are there. Clara a childlike entity has brought them there for their final Christmas.
This is my first time hearing Jacob Dudman as the Eleventh and its not bad,as with Tim Trelor and John Culshaw its pretty close.
The house seems to be filled with things from the guests pasts, all of which are unpleasent, memories, events etc.
It is a bit been there done that. But its excuted well. It wasn’t the best place to star with the range as I had no idea of Valerie; I’m not familiar with her voice and background, so some of the stuff which dealt with her pain wasn’t as heightened as if I’d of known her better.
Its not the most Christmassy audio, I was in two minds as to writing a review, as I feel I need another listen or better still start from the beginning, which I might do.
The Founding Fathers The Companion Chronicles The First Doctor 1.3 Steven’s grand daughter takes him to visit the Doctor, yet its not the actual Doctor. There they tell a story of an adventure they once had where they met Benjamin Franklin. So perhaps a little more unusual, in that what’s happening with the current Steven is as, if not more interesting, as the story that’s being narrated. The narrated story tells of the TARDIS arriving in Leicester in 1762. With it being quite warm, the Doctor takes off his coat and throws to back into the TARDIS inadvertently locking the crew out. Getting back in is a little tricky and the only man that can help is Benjamin...
Comments
Post a Comment